Once NASM certified personal trainer Adam Cole nears the end of his seasonal pumpkin spice addiction, he turns to other warm winter flavors to keep the holiday spirit alive. His Paleo gingerbread recipe fits the bill and checks all of our nutritional boxes with clean, natural ingredients and, as always, steers clear of refined sugars, soy oils, and corn syrups.
Promix Grass-fed Whey Protein Puffs form the distinguishing factor that sets this gingerbread apart from others: while many holiday treats are finished with fancy-looking refined sugars and sticky glazes, this Paleo gingerbread relies on Promix Protein Puffs blended with unrefined coconut sugar to create a final sparkle that kicks the sweet-factor into high gear while adding additional nutrients. Try this warm, homey dessert this season when you and your family need a little something sweet!
- 4 cups almond flour
- 15 tbsp coconut flour
- 2.5 cups coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp dried ground ginger
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp salt
- 10 tbsp grass-fed butter (unsalted), melted in a microwave or double boiler
- 9 tbsp organic molasses
- 2 whole eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make “Power” sugar by blitzing Protein Puffs and coconut sugar on high in a blender until fine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter and coconut sugar until thoroughly combined. The result should be crumbly.
- Add in both eggs plus molasses. Set mixer to high speed and mix for about 1 minute. The batter will become light brown and fluffier in texture.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly whisk together dry ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until a solid dough is formed.
- Roll dough between two layers of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to flatten until dough is roughly 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Using cookie cutters, cut desired shapes and transfer them to prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until the edges turn deep golden brown and the dough appears to set. Depending on your oven, bake time will vary between 12-17 minutes. Use your eyes!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Finish by sifting “Power” Sugar atop each cutout.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you have requests for recipes YOU want to see over this holiday season, hit us up! Email email@example.com and we’ll concoct a delicious recipe that utilizes your Promix natural supplements.