Easy Gluten-Free Protein Pancakes (or Easy Gluten-Free Protein Waffles!)
If you love a sweet morning treat, you’re definitely not alone! There’s no need to forgo your favorite breakfast foods while you’re working toward your fitness goals: muffins, waffles, and pancake batters can all be overhauled for a list of clean ingredients that provide more nutrients with just as much flavor.
“Life is too short to feel like you’re on a diet.”Katie Hermann, owner of RosieJo Meals
Our good friend and expert on all things meal-prep, Katie Hermann, whipped up a quick, convenient, gluten-free pancake recipe that can also be used for waffles and other baked goods.
As the owner of RosieJo Meals, Katie makes delectable fuel for athletes all over the United States. She’s spent her career fusing delicious with nutritious, and trust us, this woman has mastered the art of creating squeaky clean versions of classics to fit the dietary needs of all types of athletes (these bad boys were recently a hit at The CrossFit Games!).
Try Katie’s makeover of the traditional baking mix with this protein pancake recipe that can also be used in your waffle irons!
Katie utilized her favorite Promix Grass-fed Whey throughout development of this recipe. It should be noted that any of our natural protein powder supplements can be included in your version of this recipe based on your preferences and goals: from whey to whey isolate, casein to vegan proteins, we’ve aimed to fit into your lifestyle the same way Katie and her crew do at RosieJo.
High in protein with no artificial anything to be found, this treat is 100% gluten free and 100% Promix approved.
For more information on picking your protein:
Easy Gluten-Free Protein Powder Pancakes (or Waffles)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour of choice
- 1 heaping cup (68 grams) Promix Indonesian Vanilla Protein Powder (or any of Promix’s natural protein powder supplements)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 cups cooked & mashed sweet potatoes OR 2 cups mashes, ripe bananas (nutrition information for both below)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp melted ghee OR butter OR coconut oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Slowly add the dry mixture until fully incorporated.
- For pancakes, cook on medium heat in a skillet on or a griddle. Pancakes should be ready to flip when air bubbles hit the surface and small holes remain (we suggest checking browning level underneath after 1-2 minutes). Flip and allow the pancakes to fully cook through (roughly another 1-2 minutes).
- For waffles, pour batter into waffle iron and cook for roughly 4 minutes. Note that waffle irons vary! If yours generally takes more or less than 4 minutes to cook a waffle, proceed accordingly.
- Yields 4 servings.
Have any requests for recipes YOU want to see? Let us know! Email email@example.com and we’ll set our test kitchen on a mission to find you the best ways to utilize your Promix natural protein and nutritional supplements. Be sure to follow Promix Nutrition on instagram for the most up-to-date announcements and #eeeeats.