Rich Chocolate Vegan Protein Pops
There are so many fantastic dairy-free ice cream options on the market these days, but, as with any food, making your own at home ensures you are able to monitor exactly what is going into it. If you’re watching calories or macros, this recipe is for you.
Promix believes in whole, natural foods and natural health supplements, so we like to find ways to recreate recipes on our own to ensure we don’t get any corn, soy, gluten, artificial colors and sweeteners, fillers, or thickeners in what we eat.
What is “nice” cream?
“Nice” cream is a term used for a non-dairy version of ice cream, typically made with frozen bananas. Banana adds texture and sweetness (the same way it does in a smoothie!) without adding animal products for those with allergies or ethical concerns.
We aim to support all diets and lifestyles, and acknowledge the benefits of eating plants! While going completely vegan might not fit your needs, adding more plants and whole foods to your diet can benefit your health (1, 2) and help the environment (3).
- A more nutrient-dense diet (1)
- Lower blood sugar, improved kidney function, and lower risk of heart disease (1)
- A healthy BMI through weight management and weight loss (2)
- Highly sustainable in terms of food production (3)
So whether you’re completely plant-based or a meat loving carnivore, this treat is for you! Try whipping up our creamy, chocolate “nice” cream, or make it into single serving bars for your next cookout.
Rich Chocolate Vegan Protein Pops
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 2 scoops Promix Vegan Raw Chocolate Protein Powder or Promix Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder*
- vegan milk of choice (optional)
- Toppings: nuts, seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, vegan chocolate chips… you decide!
*What’s the difference between these two natural vegan protein powders? Take a closer look:
- With a standard blender or immersion blender, puree the bananas until smooth.
- Blend in your cocoa powder and protein powder.
- If more moisture is needed, carefully add plant-based milk one or two tablespoons at a time and blend until an ice cream-like consistency is achieved.
- If you’re enjoying in cones or bowls, serve and add toppings as desired!
- For popsicles, spoon carefully into molds or trays and smooth.
- Sprinkle toppings onto chocolate pops before freezing. Let freeze for at least 24 hours before serving.
Learn more about how to achieve your nutrition goals with Promix and give all of our vegan protein powder options a try while testing our formula to find your perfect smoothie. If you have any requests for recipes YOU want to see, let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set our test kitchen on a mission to find you the best ways to utilize your Promix natural supplements. Be sure to follow Promix Nutrition on instagram for the most up-to-date announcements and #eeeeeats.
(1) https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vegan-diet-benefits. Published Sept 23, 2016. Accessed July 2019.
(2) Turner-McGrievy GM1, Davidson CR2, Wingard EE3, Wilcox S3, Frongillo EA2. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25592014. Published Oct 18, 2014. Accessed July 2019.
(3) Willett, Walter. Vegan diet can benefit both health and the environment. Harvard School of Public Health Website. https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/vegan-diet-health-environment/. Published Jan 7, 2019. Accessed July 2019.