Summer Berry BCAA Slushie
One of our favorite summer sips just turned into a training tool. After your next super-sweaty session, cool off with this tart and tasty treat and blast your body with hydration, vitamins, and the BCAAs it needs to fully recover.
THE SECRET WEAPON
Promix BCAA powder comes in five tangy fruit flavors: Cherry Limeade, Wildberry, Raspberry Lemonade, Lemonade, and Strawberry Lemonade. Each scoop contains 5 grams BCAAs (in the ideal 2:1:1 ratio) to provide your muscles with the building blocks they need to repair stronger than ever and decrease soreness after your toughest workouts. Plus, throwing this into your water before, during, or after a workout will pack a punch of vitamin C to keep your immune system at peak and provide a whole host of additional benefits.
- 1 scoop Promix Nutrition BCAA powder (we used Raspberry Lemonade)
- 1-2 cups ice
- 1/2 – 1 cup fresh raspberries
- juice of one lemon (more if desired)
- 1/2 – 1 cup seltzer water
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In a blender, blitz 1 scoop BCAA powder, fresh raspberries, and lemon juice together until they reach a smooth puree.
- Blender in seltzer water until you’ve reached desired volume.
- Slowly add and blend in ice cubes a few at a time, stopping when you achieve the “slush factor” you prefer – some people like more, some like less!
- (Optional) Muddle or tear mint leaves and place in serving glass. Pour slushie mixture in and stir. Top with lemon wedge if desired.
(1) Raman, Ryan, MS, RD. 7 Impressive Ways Vitamin C Benefits Your Body. Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-c-benefits. Updated February 19, 2020. Accessed June 2020.